1973 - 1979 JOHNSON MATTHEY SERVICES LTD
Assistant to the Chief Architect on a wide range of architectural projects at sites in Central London, Southgate, Enfield, Royston and Runcorn including major redevelopment of their HQ in Hatton Garden (£4M) and their precious metals refineries at Brimsdown (£13M) and Royston (£7M).
1979 - 1981 BRITISH AMERICAN TOBACCO STORES HOLDINGS LTD
Project Surveyor responsible for superstore and supermarket new-build and fitting out, including the International Stores at -
Nottingham £ 1,000,000
Haslemere £ 500,000
Treorchy £ 430,000
1981 - 1983 ERIC ASKEW & PARTNERS (Architects and Town Planners)
Assistant to one of the partners for the full range of architectural functions including surveys, feasibility studies, working drawings, and site supervision.
Firestone Redevelopment £ 8,000,000
Abu Dhabi Hilton Hotel £ 4,000,000
Hotel Centro, Vale Do Lobo, Portugal £ 3,500,000
Wembley Plaza (Retail development) £ 2,750,000
Also part-time assistant to the in-house graphics department producing brochures, perspectives, presentation drawings, models and other promotional material for the practice.
1983 - 1993 TAUNTON CIDER plc
Architectural manager responsible for the planning, design and management of all new construction work and overall site development. Major development projects include:
PET & Canning Lines £ 7,000,000
New Warehousing £ 6,500,000
Mill House Offices £ 600,000
Flood Alleviation Project £ 550,000
Rail Siding £ 450,000
Also responsible for the building maintenance budget (up to £ 500,000), the provision of an in-house graphic and photographic service, public liaison regarding development and nuisance and the establishment and chairmanship of the Environmental Working Party responsible for a full environmental audit and BS 5750 accreditation which assisted the Company in moving to plc status. Winner of the European Year of the Environment - Business Interests category 1987.
1993 to date GREENWOOD ENVIRONMENTAL CONSULTANCY
Sole Proprietor of this environmental consultancy. Projects include:
1. Habitat surveys and production of management plans for National Nature Reserves, Special Areas of Conservation, Sites of Special Scientific Interest, Ancient Woodlands, Local Nature Reserves and Historic Parks and Gardens. Also whole farm plans for Environmentally Sensitive Areas, and a feasibility study for, and establishment of, a Community Gateway Woodland and other community woodlands;
2. Species surveys, monitoring, management recommendations and implementation for legally protected and rare species including badgers, barn owls, bats, dormice, otters, water voles, great crested newts, smooth snakes, sand lizards, a range of invertebrates including marsh fritillary butterfly and great green bush cricket, and plants including a rare arable weed community;
3. Design and implementation of mitigation schemes for wildlife;
4. Preparation and implementation of practical habitat management workshops;
5. Ecological advice to Local Authorities on the preparation of Biodiversity Action Plans, Local plans, Nature Conservation Strategies, etc;
6. Research, graphic design, illustration and preparation of a wide range of nature conservation educational, interpretational and promotional literature including panels, leaflets, booklets and National Curriculum education packs;
7. Investigation of, application for, and implementation of grant schemes;
8. Practical nature conservation management work on a wide range of habitats. 9. Leading numerous wildlife and history walks, giving talks, and setting up and leading nature conservation volunteer groups.
2008 to 2010 Secretary to MULL COMMUNITY COUNCIL
2009 to date ROSS OF MULL HISTORICAL CENTRE
Project Surveyor and Centre Administrator (2009-2011)
2013 to 2015 ROYAL SOCIETY FOR THE PROTECTION OF BIRDS
Community Information & Tourism Officer
2015 to date SOUTH WEST MULL & IONA DEVELOPMENT
Forest officer for Tiroran Community Forest in Glen Seilisdeir on the B 8035